Immutable Standard

The standard is love. love the Lord and love your neighbor. It is by our love that we will be known as his disciples. Love is patient love is kind.

Name:
Location: the great state of Texas, United States

Monday, May 23, 2005

Holy Matrimony batman

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself up for it. Eph 5:25

THere have been times when this is easy and there have been times when it is the last thing I want to do. I used to do much more to help my wife, and that is the best way to love our wives. I am trying to get back to that way of life. Lately I hve been letting the world beat me down so much that I do not even want to do anything for myself. If we are to love our wives as Christ loved the church what would that look like. Give ourselves up for them. I think it would be about service to them. I used to make lunches get dishes done and help with the laundry and listen and acknowledge things more. Though sometimes I feel like the world is trying to crucify me I must remember what Jesus said in the Garden from Luke Not my will, but thine be done and his will is for me to love my wife like He loved me. I pray that I can learn how to do just that.

Grace and Peace, Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here