Immutable Standard

The standard is love. love the Lord and love your neighbor. It is by our love that we will be known as his disciples. Love is patient love is kind.

Name:
Location: the great state of Texas, United States

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Him only

And Jesus answered and said unto him, It is written, thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve. Luke 4:8

How often when we are tempted to serve satan do we reply with the first commandment. I think in most cases it is rare. Our culture has turned us into self servers and world worshipers. The advertisers have shown us the kingdoms of the earth and said they can be ours and I know that often I have bowed down to something other than my Lord and God. Of my mission statement verses maybe this one might be one of the hardest. It's the ONLY part that I have trouble with. Sometimes I might worship a Porsche 911 or an old BMW 635. It could be a Home in the paper, or even my sweet children and wife. I do not know how to embody this verse in a way that is truly evident. I want do so in a way that will pass on to my children and the people around me. Yes this needs work in my life.

Grace and Peace, Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here