Immutable Standard

The standard is love. love the Lord and love your neighbor. It is by our love that we will be known as his disciples. Love is patient love is kind.

Name:
Location: the great state of Texas, United States

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Concern for each other

I Corinthians 12:25
So that there would be no division in the body , but that the members would have the same concern for each other.

Some translations use care in the place of concern. In looking up the meaning of care, concern is used in the definition. I am not remotely a biblical scholar so I can not judge which word is more appropriate. I prefer concern in that the definition uses involvement and relation in define the word. We must be relational to each other. Time and conversation are essential in developing relationships. I confess that I fall short in this category. I do not spend enough time in conversation with my wife or children and friends. I try to meet weekly with on friend for breakfast and conversation. We meet at Fred's on Currie St. Fred's is a Fort Worth treasure. It is country working class hip arty just wonderful. We talk about the issues that we are facing and what we are studying at church. I call the Godfather's of my boys often and share my struggles and praises. One lives in California and the other lives here. When I get home to the one with whom I should share most I am already worn out and after getting everyone ready for bed I just want to sleep. I have not conversed with my wife in a while. I know that there is no condemnation for those in Christ but we still have to pay for our sins and we have sinned in how we have set up our life and spent money. We continue to pray and the Lord has blessed us in so many ways. But enough about me the goal of this post is to focus on the "each other" part. I try to remember others in my prayers when I do pray wich is hardly ever lately. My wife and I have been blessed greatly by our Crown financial study and we are going to attend a leaders training session so we can lead others through this study. In an earlier post I mentioned my mission statement and how I backed it up biblically. I am now revisiting these verses to see what it means for me and if I am really living up to what I want. So on the surface I have concern for others shown by teaching sunday school and meeting with my small group and bible studies but right now it is a little to shallow. My prayer is that I will live the word of the Lord and have a truly deeper concern for others.

Grace and Peace, Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here