Immutable Standard

The standard is love. love the Lord and love your neighbor. It is by our love that we will be known as his disciples. Love is patient love is kind.

Name:
Location: the great state of Texas, United States

Saturday, November 20, 2004

friendship

"The bird a nest, the spider a web, man friendship"

Friendship is man haven. It is to where he should always return from his endeavors. In my mens bible study we were asked to think of who we would want to be our six pall bearers at our funeral. I had a hard time coming up with three let alone six and I am feel that this is the case with most men. I thinnk ther are several factors for this situation. For me it is mostly a matter of time. My family takes up most of time outside of work and rightfully so . But to be of worth to my family I need to have friendships outside of it as well. Also technology has played a role in diminishing them or at least shallowing them. Telephones and email allow us to keep in touch but not "in feel" It's just a quick " hey whats up call you later" of forward some silly cartoon or sappy quote. Conversation has ended. Conversation once meant an intimate association, now it has become talking points and pleasantries or one sided rants. When one has an oportunity to see true friends truly conversing it is magical. I want that magic for me and more so I want it for my family. I need to develope friendships so my children and wife can also see their value for themselves and have a haven to head to in time of storm or just for comfort. It definitely takes effort and patience to cultivate friendships but it is so worth it. When I talk of friendships outside the family It should be understood that familial friendships are to be foremost. As I said to one friend I want the 6 pall bearers to be people that care to carry the burden of my body than be happy to see me go. Life has gotten too fast, take time to slow down and converse. It will be a blessing to you and your friend.

Grace and Peace, Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here